The IP address 192.168.1.1 is the most popular IP address for routers. The 192.168.1.1 IP address is default and commonly used by Linksys routers. You may ask what Linksys is? Linksys is one of the divisions of Cisco Company and it makes a large number of the broadband routers used throughout the world. Actually, 192.168.1.1 IP address is configured to almost all the routers, which allows the user to configure different settings of their router. Once you entering the IP address, Username, and Password, you can able to configure the settings on your way. You may now clear about the IP address 192.168.1.1. Ok, Do you know what is IP address? Let’s see.
|What is 192.168.1.1|
What is an IP Address?
An IP means Internet Protocol which is a series of numbers assigned to devices such as the router, computers, printers and mobile devices etc connecting to a computer network. The IP address is then used for two primary reasons that are local addressing and network identification. There are lots of different IP addresses except 192.168.1.1. For example, 10.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1 etc. We are living in the 21st century with lots of Hi-fi technologies, so there are lots of cyber hackers who want to steal your personal information easily. So, your network security is an important thing. In that point, web-interface is one of the most important things. You can enter the IP address in the web-interface to configure your settings for your security purpose.
|What are its uses|
How to Login in 192.168.1.1?
192.168.1.1 is the default and most commonly used the IP address to access the Linksys router setup webpage. Actually, users are login here to change some settings and set up advanced configurations. Let’s see how to login or access the Linksys router using 192.168.1.1 IP address.
|How To Login in 192.168.1.1|
- First, turn on the Linksys Router, then connect the computer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Now, open your Web browser on your computer (Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer).
- Open anything but don’t forget about the danger of downloading the third-party browser from third-party sites.
- Then enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the browser address bar and press “Enter” Key.
- Now, enter the username and password that you have to set for the router.
- That’s it the login window will open
Resetting Router Password:
|Resetting Router Password|
- The most common problem that people face is entering the wrong password. So, resetting your factory settings can easily retrieve the unknown username and password. Let’s see how to reset the router password.
- First, Open your web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar followed by selecting computers Return Key.
- Now, enter the router’s Username and Password on the login screen
- Select the Administration option in the menu followed by clicking the “Factory Default” option in the menu
- Now, choose the option “Restore factory defaults”
- Change the default password for the router by selecting the “Administration” option on the menu.
- Now, enter the new password in the text box located under Router Password.
- Finally, select the Save changes button to save the new password which you enter. And re-login the router using the new password.
What are the uses of 192.168.1.1 IP address?
Once you open the website 188.8.131.52, you will have authorization to the router and you can change a lot of settings like DNS connection, ADSL username, password and different settings related to the Wi-Fi and lot of advanced features available on your router. Apart from changing the settings, it also helps you to do some other administrative tasks like blocking some websites, blocking some particular MAC addresses, etc.